Friday, December 22, 2006

So I decided to update today agian. Today we tried to plan a trip down to Skagway to take care of some business, but it's next to impossible to rent a big pickup truck. It's as if F-250's and bigger don't even exist to rent! Makes me want to start a truck rental company that rents out trucks rigged for towing.

Anyway, I went over and scooped the dog yard today and straightened things out. Tomorrow we'll be running some teams. This is the second day I haven't run - I'm really starting to feel like a fish out of water! I BELONG on the runners behind that sled. I spent some time with Stormy's puppies while I was over there. They look just like their dad and grandpa! They're around 4 or 5 weeks old now and are beginning to wander around their pen some. I bet the two boys end up 65 pounds and the girl maybe 55.

I've really been meaning to get a watch for the trail. I'm always wearing my watch, a small analog model that velcroes on. When I'm out with a team it's a real inconvenience to pull down my glove and lift up my sleeve right in front of my face just to glace at the time, it's not worth it. In the past I've tried wearing my stopwatch around my neck, but that gets in the way any time I need to bend over for anything at all. It's clunky and can become caught on things. So today I sewed a piece of 3/4" wide breaded elastic band into a big loop. I took the cord off the stopwatch, and popped off the back cover. I got two small screws with bolts and bolted the stopwatch to the elastic band. It should fit perfectly over all my winter gear so that I can wear it near the middle of my forearm. It'll be nice being able to use a stopwatch, too, as opposed to using a regular watch that only tells time. It seems pretty sturdy, so hopefully it doesn't fall apart. I'll only be wearing it on the trail and not in the yard so that should ensure it'll last.

No comments: