Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Swimming 4-Wheelers and Frozen Berries

Today I taught my 4-wheeler how to swim. Her name is Sasha. Some may call that a girl's name, but not the French. So I was driving around today with Sasha checking out some potential dog trails when I came across this creek that I drove through. No problem. From there I couldn't really find a trail, but there was this dried up creek bed that I drove in. There was a small sheet of ice there, but just some air underneath.

I was driving along, going slowly, obeying all laws of physics, and then SAWOOOOSH! Broke through the ice into 2 1/2 feet of water! It was an OUTRAGE! Sasha was STUCK! I was soaked from the knees down, and that's something that doesn't mix well when it's 18 degrees outside (Fahrenheit - yeah, that's cold).

Lucky for me, Sasha offsets her lame 3-wheel drive with a nice winch. Twenty-five minutes of some Joe-magic and I had Sasha free and we were rolling home! That drive back to the cabin may have been the coldest part of the entire fiasco, especially since my Carharts had a blowout earlier in the ordeal.

Things could've been worse, though. I was 2 miles from the nearest road. After hours in from of the wood stove I can finally laugh about it!

No comments: